Thursday, July 2, 2009

It can always be worse.

Yeah, so I know I still haven't put up a recap and pics of our Boston trip. I will try to get those someday, I promise. It's just that we've been distracted lately, what with me getting the news that I'll be jobless at the end of August. Oh, good times. Goooood times. But hey, things can always be worse, right?

We'll be okay. I've been through the layoff process once before (and it was with the same company--ha ha!), so it wasn't as earth-shattering this time. Of course our situation is different now--a mortgage, a child--but I also feel like we're in a better place mentally and financially. We're not rich, but we take better care of our money now than we did years ago so I feel like we know how to make it work during tough times. We also have some irons in the fire as far as replacement incomes. I decided I would like to stay home with Adele for a while and think about "what I want to be when I grow up," since I think it's safe to say that I'm done with publishing for a good long time. We're in discussions with a friend to watch her daughter part-time, which will bring in a bit more income, but there's still a gap that we'll need to fill. I won't bore you with all the details until I know that things are finalized. I do belive wholeheartedly that we'll be fine. I believe things always work out for the best--I don't know if that makes me an optimist or delusional. Ha!

In other, hopefully less-depressing news...

Since this is a three-day weekend for me and I'll have all day Friday and Saturday at home with Adele, I THINK I may run and get her her first pairs of training underwear today. Figured this is as good a time as any to try some full-on potty-training. We'll take the diapers off and go free as a bird, and hopefully she'll get the picture. If not, no harm, no foul. We'll wait and try again later.

Next week we will go to Kansas City to see NICU nurse Lauren get married! I'm so excited to see Lauren and show off Adele to her--it's been more than a year since we've gotten together. Hopefully I'll get a few good pictures to share.

I hope everyone has a safe and fun Forth of July!

2 comments:

Lindi Ben said...

Woah, do make a post on how the 3 day potty-training trial went. Like you said, if it didn't go great, no foul. But good for you for trying. It's exciting, isn't it, thinking of a diaperless house? I can't wait to see what pics you took in Boston. I can't believe you got laid off. Again. Ok, it is what it is and I do think something better will come along. This interim period isn't the most fun though. I know you'll keep us posted, but best of luck in the search.

Kimberly (Anthony's Mom) said...

Sorry about the job. I know if I was still working at my last job i would of probably been laid off by now or at least had my hours cut. I still do freelance stuff for them here and there. Its just bad all over still =-(

Good luck with potty training! I'm probably going to wait till 2 1/2

kim