Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Another update

Adele lost about a half a pound in less than a week (Fri to Wed), which is not good. :( The doc couldn't find anything obvious (no illness, stomach looked/felt normal) to explain the eating problems. I'm staying home with her tomorrow to see if she'll eat better for me (since she barely eats at daycare), and I'm to keep a log of how much she eats when. If she does better then we'll let it be and weigh her again in a week. If not, then we'll start with bloodtests tomorrow and go from there.

We're dropping breastmilk AGAIN and we have to take her back to the 24-cal formula recipe. The doc wants to take her back to when she was doing her best gaining and see if that makes a difference. Also, if she's going to skip so many meals, we need to cram as many calories as possible into the meals she DOES eat. The downside to this is that we think the higher-calorie recipe is what was making her spit up, since that completely stopped once we made that change.

We gave her a bottle at the doctor's office and, thankfully, she ate it all! (One time I was happy to be proven wrong!) However, the doc was able to see something that I had commented on during the appt--Adele seems to have adopted a "non-productive" suck instead of the one she normally used to eat. Think sucking on a pacifier versus sucking long draws to actually get food. So, she thinks Adele may need to see an occupational/speech therapist at CMH to have that addressed, assuming it doesn't get better. I think we have access to OTs/STs through Tiny-K, so I think I'll call them and find out if one can attend our meeting on Monday. Maybe they can watch her suck and see if they see the same thing.

I'd like to say HI to Steve's dad, Pa Buren, and let him know we're thinking of him and keeping him in our prayers as he recovers from his recent surgery. Get better soon!

Just a few photos for fun!

I think it's time to start drug-testing the PJ designers...

Cute little pumpkin:

She's discovered her tongue, and she really likes sticking it out, especially when you mimic her!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

if this was myspace, I'd leave 2 kudos for Adele's "razzberry photo"!

Here's to hoping the appointment goes well.

M said...

Big hugs to all you guys - Eat, Adele, eat!! Maybe try grilled cheese. If I don't want to eat, if someone offers me a grilled cheese, I will almost always eat the whole thing. (kidding!)

Lindi Ben said...

It took me 1/2 a day to read this post because of my little kiddos. I'm sorry to hear that Adele's sucking and eating are again an issue. What trials. Gold stars to you guys for keeping up with all the guessing games and figuring stuff out.

I LOVE the photos! Sooo cute! I agree w/ you on the drug testing! how funny.

Ellobie said...

How can that girl have a sucking problem with that Gene Simmons tongue?!?! :) Seriously, hope things start looking up with the eating probs. I am with m on the grilled cheese experiment...