Friday, November 2, 2007

Better

Things are better here. Adele ate 19.25 ounces in a 24-hour period (from 5:00 pm Wed to 4:15 Thur), which is almost double what she ate the previous day. She's doing okay so far today too. She's still under her max of 4 ounces from the end of September, but she's averaging around 3 ounces per feed every 3-4 hours and that's better than nothing. I think she should be somewhere closer to the 5-6 ounce range, but she is getting a higher calorie formula mixture so that helps too. I just did the math and if you go by the 2.5 ounces per pound of weight rule she should be eating 33.75 ounces per day. We're no where near that, unfortunately.

I'll call the doc at 1:00 today and give them another report. We have an appt for middle of the week next week so we'll check her weight then. In the meantime, I'm in the middle of a conversation with the sitter to help determine ways to make mealtimes there more productive. Hopefully we can get that figured out, or I'll just go over a few times a day and feed her myself.

So, we're getting there. The situation still isn't perfect, but it's better and better is okay too.

No comments: