Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Snow day!

Lawrence got about 6 inches of snow last night, and since I didn't bring my laptop home last night I decided to take today as a vacation day. I didn't feel like dealing with snowy roads with her in the car. I've managed to be a little productive today, finishing our tax prep (we're FINALLY getting a refund this year after 6 years of owing) and getting this photo stuff set up. Sorry it's taken so long to get the photos up!

Just a few other notes and miscellaneous:
  • We love, love, LOVE our new daycare. Renee is awesome and I can tell Adele really likes going there. She's always excited to see Renee and the other kids and vice versa. She's still eating well while she's there, which is a bonus.
  • Adele is working through a small cold, mostly a runny nose and a terrible cough. She's never had a fever or any breathing issues so I never called the doc. Not much they can do for her anyway. I am not surprised she's come down with something--I expected it since she's been exposed to a whole set of new germs at her new daycare. As long as it doesn't get any worse, it's all good.
  • We head to CMH on Monday for a round of appts, including a follow-up with the pediatrician there (I think a glorified weight check and to see if the Prevacid is helping her eating). Not sure how much she weighs now, but she's been eating well enough I expect it to have increased some. The other appointment that day is with the Developmental Clinic. Not sure exactly what that entails, but we're told she'll meet with a Psychologist, Physical Therapist, Speech/Language Therapist and an Early Childhood Educator. I'm looking forward to this appointment because I like hearing about all those areas of her development. I'm not worried about anything in particular, thankfully.
That's about it, so onto photos. Oh, and I've come to the realization that it's time to upgrade the ol' digital camera. I'm always disappointed in the shots I get, and I know it's not ALWAYS my fault. I think we'll use some of our tax return and get a new one. Also, some of these are dark because I have to turn the flash off if I ever want to have any photos where her eyes are open. Anyhoo...

Finally a decent smile caught on film! And no, those aren't teeth down there, just spit bubbles.

The expression on her face here always makes me laugh.
Practice sitting up.
Smiling. That is all.
Smiling at Daddy.
She likes her feet.
A lot.She also has a fondness for blankets...
And now for something different, a slideshow!

2 comments:

Lindi Ben said...

Hee-heeeeee!!! I love it. Excellent photos and cool slide show. Oh man, she is such a cutie, Darrah. I can see both you and Steve in her and it's so cool. Have fun on your snow day!

M said...

I love the photo shoot - and you can see so much of both you and Steve in every picture :-) Yay for the Burens!