Tuesday, April 8, 2008

CHAMPIONS!


Ahhhh....what a great day to be a Jayhawk. Man, that was such a phenomenal game. I'll be honest--I'd written them off late in the second half and had gone to the computer to kill time (I couldn't bear to watch!). I was so used to coming THISCLOSE and losing and thought I could see the writing on the wall. But luckily I got back to the TV in time to see Mario's game-tieing 3-pointer. It was freakin' amazing! At that point, I knew mojomentum* was on our side going into OT. As the minutes ticked away, I was holding my breath, and then Steve and I both erupted into screams and shouts of joy. We both ran around the house like crazy people, calling family and friends to share in the jubilation. After the game, Steve stayed home with the baby (who, miraculously, slept through the whole thing!) and I walked downtown to join the crowds celebrating on Mass. St. I met my friend Kris at Liberty Hall and we made our way south and high-fived and hooted and hollered and celebrated. What fun! This morning I picked up three copies of the Lawrence Journal-World (one for us, two for the DeLorios) and spent a little time online looking at photos of the celebration. It just doesn't get any better than this, folks!
Now, we just have to concern ourselves with whether or not Coach Self will stay at KU or take the OSU coaching job. I can't imagine AD Perkins wouldn't give him whatever salary he asked for, so hopefully he'll be our coach for a long time and bring us many more championship trophies.

Tonight we'll probably watch bits of the game and the post-game stuff that we DVRd last night. I just can't get enough! Rock Chalk Jayhawk, go KU!
____________________________________________________________________

*I invented a new word last night: mojomentum. It's when a team has both mojo AND momentum on their side. KU definitely had the mojomentum last night!

2 comments:

Liz Jimenez said...

Wohoo! I'm glad I wasn't at work for the NCAA office pool this year. I would have done badly, yet again. I mean, who picks all four number ones to get to the final four?!

Oh, by the way, I tagged you for the seven random things meme. Ignore it if you like... :-)

Lindi Ben said...

YOU ROCK, Darrah!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you for grabbing the paper. I owe ya!