Tuesday, April 29, 2008

March for Babies recap

So, the March for Babies walk was this past Saturday and it was, well, underwhelming. Not sure if I built it up too much in my mind ahead of time or if I had unreasonable expectations, but in any event, I came away feeling disappointed by the whole experience. I don't want to go into too much detail and take the focus away from the great work the organization does, so I'll just leave it at that. I do plan on giving my feedback and suggestions to my local chapter, however, so hopefully next year will be better.

BUT I cannot stress enough how thankful and grateful I am to each and every one of you who donated to the cause. I don't regret for one minute participating and helping raise funds for such a worthy cause. I think when all was said and done, including matching donations from my company, the team (consisting of Mom, Adele and me) turned in a little more than $700! Considering my first goal was $96, I'd say that's not too shabby. Again, thank you for helping the March of Dimes continue their important mission: helping to ensure that ALL babies are born healthy!

1 comment:

Lindi Ben said...

Excellent cause indeed. And on top of the great cause you helped, you probably also felt like it was your sort of personal "thank you" to the organization. I mean what else can you do? Great job in raising funds and participating.

Now I want to hear about birthday plans! Even if it's simple, I'm just so excited for her one year bday!