Thursday, August 14, 2008

I can't believe I missed it!

I can't believe I forgot to acknowledge the one-year anniversary of Adele's release from the NICU! August 11 (Monday) is the anniversary date, and we spent it at home because Adele had a fever and couldn't to to daycare. I'm kind of sad that I let the big day slip by unnoticed. But maybe that's a GOOD sign--we've obviously moved past those days and are too busy with fun stuff to think about the NICU.

It seems like only yesterday, and yet it seems like YEARS ago. How is that possible? Either way, I'm glad it's only a memory now.

Anyway, because it's appropriate...

Then:

The last night in the NICU crib!

Getting ready to go!

Riding home...getting closer!

Home sweet home, crib sweet crib.
So tiny--I forgot how she used to sleep short-wise in the crib!


Now:
I thought this outfit was super-cute!

What she looks like in her crib these days...

For cuteness' sake.


Standing like a big girl. We're in trouble, aren't we?

5 comments:

bcj19 said...

Love the monitor wires in the sideways-crib pic. It's like your very own plug-in baby!

- (Lindi's) Cousin Brian

Lindi Ben said...

Oh my gosh! "For cuteness sake" is the most adorable picture EVER! You're gonna get a bigger pic of that, right? That's a framer, in my opinion. :) tee-hee!!!!! I guess missing the NICU farewell date means you can't imagine (now) being anywhere else BUT home. And that first year you couldn't imagine her being anywhere but the NICU. Crazy. I'm so happy for you guys. And I echo BJ's sentiments - a plug in baby! It's nice to have the wireless version.

Kimberly (Anthony's Mom) said...

Congrats congrats! In some ways its seemed like its been longer than a year. But in others its like its flown right by. I'm going to have to do a big picture post too. Anthony came home on Aug. 31st. We are going to celebrate by..... doing something? Not sure what yet!

Anonymous said...

Adele's turning out to be a little heartbreaker! Just adorable.

About standing....I remember when my little great-nephew Andre (currently 17 months old) was pulling himself up and standing without support. A scant four months later, he runs, climbs and gets into all kinds of stuff. He's at the age where he's agile enough to do all this stuff yet unknowing of the potential dangers of his actions. (If you climb on the dining room table, how are you going to get down?)

Something to look forward to/dread as Adele increases mobility! Hope to see you all soon!

Uncle Mike

Jessica said...

Happy anniversary/second birthday/ect! I remember it being so great to read about Adele going home while Charlie was still in the NICU. You guys gave me hope! In fact, Charlie went home almost exactly a month later...
She is still one of the cutest little girls EVER.