Friday, March 28, 2008

He'll keep his eye out for ya

Skeeter had his eye surgery yesterday, and all went well. He's home now, resting comfortably on the bed. I'm happy to report that the tumor was completely contained within the eye and hadn't spread outside of that area at all. Whew! Unfortunately, he didn't come home wearing a cone/plastic colloar--I was really hoping for that! But there's still a chance we'll get him an eye patch, once the incision has healed. ;) Speaking of, the incision doesn't look as icky as I was imagining--the area is shaved so that's more odd-looking than anything else. Ah well...in time I won't even notice, I'm sure!

Anyway, since this is supposed to be a BABY blog, I won't bore you with doggy updates much longer, especially since I HOPE this chapter is finished.

Speaking of the baby...we had good news yesterday: Her blood tests came back NEGATIVE for milk protein allergy! Ya-hoo! We got the go-ahead to switch her over to regular Enfamil formula--no more Neocate! It felt so odd to be at the normal store buying normal formula like a normal person. Of course, I still have a freezer full of expressed milk and I will plan to use that at some point, probably once we get the thickener situation figured out.

Remember a few days ago when I mentioned how Adele seemed to have no interest in crawling? Oh yeah, um, well, lately she's been getting up on all fours and rocking back and forth. I guess we'd better start babyproofing the house before too much longer! She's also getting into the plank position, as if she's going to do push-ups. I have NO idea where she gets that! Maybe she's taking baby bootcamp classes during the day? Next thing you know I'll find her doing pull-ups on the edge of her crib.

I guess that's about it from here. Oh, one last thing...

Rock Chalk, Jayhawk! Go KU!

2 comments:

Lindi Ben said...

Ahh, poor skeeter! :( He'll be well loved though.

That's so funny you mention Adele almost crawling because just in the past few days Izzy is doing the exact same thing. I got video just today. Does Adele move a few feet on the floor in the sitting position after 10 mins or so? I can't see Izzy moving by looking at her, but if it were time-elapsed, she'd be scooting all over the place.

M said...

Fantastic news on all fronts - pirate Skeeter is doing well, and you have your own little GI Jane! You must capture on film a picture of her doing that!!!