Thursday, March 6, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the sound of panicking you hear, the sound I make when I realize Adele will be 10. Months. Old. TOMORROW. Holy cow, where does the time go?? This means I really must start making First Birthday plans. If you're within eyeshot of this blog, you're officially invited to the big bash. All I know so far is that it will be the second weekend in May, probably Saturday the 10th (since Mother's Day is the 11th). Subject to change, of course, but just know it's coming and soon.

We've all battled the sickies here. Some of us (me) had it easier than others (Steve) and yet others (Adele) are still working through stuff. She had a cold last week and it's finally on its way out, but one lovely side effect has lingered: massive amounts of spitting up after every meal. Oh joy. At least we've found a new use for all of those nice hooded bath towels she outgrew. We noticed they make lovely, gigantic burp cloths. We made a trip to the doctor just to be safe, and she's fine. We hope this is just a fast phase she'll be out of soon. In fact, I thought today we were finally in the clear because we got through a feeding and all the way to KC (see below) without a spit-up. I should have known not to get too cocky, though, and she threw up just as the doctors were walking into the exam room. Sigh...

Today, Adele and I made a trip to CMH for an eye appointment. It was just a 6-month follow-up after she was cleared of ROP back in October(?). The good news is her eyes are PERFECT and she requires no follow-up until she's 3.5 (such a random age, but whatever). All the doctors and nurses we saw mentioned they couldn't believe she was born so early because she looked so good and is obviously developing so well. Yay! It's such a relief to be able to check the "typical preemie issues" off our "wait and see" list.

We finally have a OPM/swallow study scheduled for April 30. We're hoping at that appointment she can finally be taken off thickeners and will be allowed to move up to Stage 2 baby foods.

She still has just the one tooth. It's slowly getting taller and taller, and she looks SO funny/cute as a snaggletooth. I can see the one next to it right under the gum's surface, so I'm sure it will pop through any day now.

That's about it from here. Just a few photos to finish up!

Adele and I made a trip to Lincoln last week to visit Jeremy & Jill and the kiddos. A couple of the photos are from that trip.

Adele (9.5 months) & Edie (8.5 months):
Adele & Madeline:
Adele got sick on her coat just as we were leaving for daycare the other morning, and we ended up using this cape/poncho instead. Too cute! (I tried to get one of her with Skeeter for a "Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf" set-up, but he wouldn't oblige.)
I am desperately trying to get a good photo of her tooth. The following are the best I could do!

3 comments:

Kimberly (Anthony's Mom) said...

GUh I have to make that eye appointment too. I'm trying to wait till after RSV season is over. Which will be next month. SO yeah.... I'm scared to go LOL

M said...

Darrah, she is just absolutely beautiful. I SO cannot wait to meet her. And I guess now it's just fine to drop that whole "adjusted age" "real age" stuff? Cause she's doing awesome!!!!

Lindi Ben said...

10 months!! Wow. I think the weirdest thing about the 1 year bday is thinking about where you were and what you were going through and feeling 1 year ago. And moreso for you, since it was such an unusual circumstance. Wow.

I can see the tooth in the pics! That's funny.

Oh, I was hoping to visit home in May, but my English teaching ends at the end of May, so a visit at the end of June is more likely.