Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Fun weekend

Whew! What a weekend! It was fun, definitely, but exhausting. We lucked out with great weather, and everything else went off without a hitch. Adele got way too much stuff, of course, but I guess that's what birthday parties are all about. We were so thankful to all our friends and family who came to help us celebrate Adele's first year of life!

Unfortunately, I was busy playing hostess and didn't get a ton of pics, but I'm hoping some folks will send me copies of theirs. I did manage to get a photo of the main cake before we cut into it (Adele's "smash" cake was decorated the same). For those of you who haven't been to the house, I had the store decorate it to match the nursery theme.

Adele and her cousin Edie share a ride on the stuffed duck rocking toy Adele received from the Fitznos.
Cake smooshery:



And this video is totally random, not birthday related, but it shows Adele's favorite new thing to do:



Did you like the wipeout at the end? Don't worry--no babies were harmed in the making of this film!

Sorry this post is pretty light on details. It was a long weekend, and tomorrow is a big day! I'll try to upload a link to an album with more photos soon, and there will be a post tomorrow.

4 comments:

Kimberly (Anthony's Mom) said...

awww what an awesome day! She's just adorable. And the trying to crawl is so funny. I think i have some videos of Anthony doing the same thing. Then he just said "ehhh forget this I'll just do army crawl!" LOL

M said...

LOVE the photos! I WANT A ROCKING DUCK! Happy first birthday, Adele!!!

hollyli said...

Happy Birthday Adele!

Lindi Ben said...

Ahhh, those videos are great!!! hahah, I love the on-all-4s one. Izzy sounds just like that but she's nowhere near interested in moving much except for scooting on her butt a bit. Adele's gonna be movin' soon! That's great.